THE “HOUSE WITH A CLOCK IN ITS WALLS NATIONAL FRIENDSHIP DAY” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The “House With A Clock In Its Walls National Friendship Day” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open and offered only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) continental United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands and other United States territories), who are 18 years of age and older and the age of a majority in their state of residence at the time of entry. Employees and directors of Universal Pictures Marketing, a division of Universal Film Exchanges LLC (“Sponsor”) and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, web masters and web suppliers (and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members and individuals residing in their same household) are not eligible to participate. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands, other United States territories and where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply. An eligible individual, who enters the Sweepstakes, is hereafter referred to as an “Entrant” or “you”. Each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules, and may be required to verify that they meet eligibility requirements as outlined herein.
2. TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins on or about 12:00 A.M. Pacific Time (“PT”) on August 5, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on August 12, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes. There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
A. Entry via Instagram: To enter an Entrant will need to post a photograph or video (not to exceed 30 seconds in duration) with his or her best friend and include the hashtag #OneGoodFriendSweepstakes within the caption.
B. Entry via Twitter: To enter an Entrant will need to post a photograph or video (not to exceed 30 seconds in duration) with his or her best friend and include the hashtag #OneGoodFriendSweepstakes.
A Twitter account is required to enter the Sweepstakes via Twitter. If you do not already have a Twitter account, you can go to www.twitter.com to create a free Twitter account. An Instagram account is required to enter the Sweepstakes via Instagram. If you do not already have an Instagram account, you can go to www.instagram.com to create a free Instagram account. If your Twitter or Instagram account is set to the “Protect my Tweets” or the “Posts are Private” setting, as applicable, your Twitter or Instagram entry may be disqualified and rejected as ineligible for consideration in the Sweepstakes.
Entries must include the hashtag #OneGoodFriendSweepstakes to be eligible. Upon posting a photo or video (not to exceed 30 seconds) to your account with the applicable hashtag (collectively, the “Submission”), your Submission will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes (each, an “Entry” and collectively, “Entries”).
Each Entrant represents and warrants that Entrant’s Submission does not violate any applicable laws, rules and/or regulations and that he/she has the sole and exclusive right to grant all rights granted to Sponsor in these Official Rules and Sponsor may exercise such rights without obligation or liability to any third party.
Each Entrant further represents and warrants that he/she has followed these Official Rules and that he/she has complied and his/her Submission complies (as applicable) with the following (collectively, the “Submission Requirements”):
• Except for elements that are in the public domain, Entrant’s Submission is wholly original and does not, and Sponsor’s reproduction, publishing, displaying and/or other use of such Submission will not, infringe on any rights of third parties, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, moral rights, privacy, or publicity, or create claims for defamation, false light, idea misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, or breach of contract. For the purposes of clarity, modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s preexisting work does not qualify as Entrant’s original creation.
• Entrant is under no restriction, contractual or otherwise, that will prevent Sponsor’s use of the Submission and the Submission is free of any and all liens, encumbrances and claims of third parties.
• Entrant’s Submission was created by Entrant and Entrant has the permission of any person who appears in Entrant’s Submission or who Entrant identifies or otherwise refers to in Entrant’s Submission. Entrant has the written consent of the parent or legal guardian of any minor that appears in the Submission. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions/consents in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any Entrant at any time.
• Before involving any other person in the Submission, Entrant disclosed to such other persons these Official Rules and that the Entrant alone is participating in the Sweepstakes and the Entrant alone will win the Prize (as defined below) if the Submission is determined to be the prize winner.
• Entrant has secured all necessary permissions, location releases and licenses for any visual and audio material contained in the Submission.
• Entrant’s Submission does not contain or reference any brand names, products or services of any company (apart from Sponsor’s) or any third party trademarks, copyrights, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or service.
• Entrant’s Submission does not create or imply any association or endorsement between Sponsor and any individual, entity or products and services.
• Entrant’s Submission does not advertise Entrant’s or any third party’s products or services.
• Entrant’s Submission does not contain any personal information (e.g., your name, e-mail address or phone number); if the Submission contains personal information, it is Entrant’s sole responsibility to remove all such personal information from the Submission before uploading the Submission.
• Entrant’s Submission is suitable for public presentation and does not contain content, images or other material that: (i) is misleading, fraudulent, deceptive, inappropriate, indecent, lewd, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, pornographic, harmful, tortious, threatening, harassing, hateful, disparaging, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, (ii) depicts an unsafe practice or activities that are restricted, prohibited, illegal or in violation of or contrary to any applicable federal or state laws or regulations (including without limitation, the consumption of alcohol or any other controlled substances), or (iii) reflects, advocates or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, harm or exploitation of or against any class, group or individual, discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Entrant’s Submission has not been created professionally and has not been submitted in any other contest, promotion or otherwise published for sale.
• Entrant owns or controls all right, title and interest in and to the Submission including, but not limited to, its copyright.
• Entrant’s Submission does not contain any virus, bugs or other deleterious material at the time when it was uploaded.
• Entrant’s Submission is submitted in compliance with the format and other terms and conditions set forth on Instagram or Twitter (as applicable); such requirements being made a part of these Official Rules and incorporated herein by reference.
If any Submission contains material that does not comply with these Official Rules or meet Sponsor’s standards for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, such Submission may be rejected as ineligible for consideration. If any Submission is unable to be viewed by Sponsor for any reason whatsoever outside of Sponsor’s control, such Submission will be disqualified (and the Released Parties [as defined below] will not be responsible or liable for any such inability).
By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby grants permission for the Submission/Entry to be posted/re-posted on the “The House With A Clock In Its Walls” official websites or other Sponsor websites. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Sponsor does not guarantee the posting of any Submission/Entry. Entries must be received by 11:59 PM PT on August 12, 2018 to be eligible. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter/Instagram account. In case of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the Instagram or Twitter account, as applicable, used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. “Authorized account holder” of an Instagram account is defined as the person assigned to the Instagram account by the Instagram website. “Authorized account holder” of a Twitter account is defined as the person assigned to the Twitter account by the Twitter website. Any use of micro, automatic, programmed, robotic, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and entrants using such methods will be disqualified.
You may enter as many times as you wish, provided that each Submission is unique and satisfies the Submission Requirements and complies with these Official Rules.
By connecting to Twitter or Instagram via your wireless mobile device, standard data rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile phone means that you understand that you may receive messages from Sponsor and/or its authorized designee(s) relating to this Sweepstakes, including possibly notifying you if you are a potential winner in this Sweepstakes, which will be subject to the charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Internet access may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and/or handset models. Cell phone service may not be available in all areas. Check your wireless device’s capabilities for specific instructions.
4. PRIZE: One (1) prize (“Prize”) will be awarded in this Sweepstakes to one (1) Prize winner (“Prize Winner”). The Prize shall consist of a two (2) night trip to “The House With A Clock In Its Walls” premiere at a location in Los Angeles, CA to be determined by Sponsor (the “Trip”) for Prize Winner and up to three (3) guests (“Guests”). The Trip includes roundtrip economy class airfare for Prize Winner and up to three (3) Guests from a major airport located within the United States to Los Angeles, CA (ARV of round trip economy class airfare for four (4): $2,000); roundtrip airport transfers in Los Angeles, CA between the airport and hotel room accommodations for Prize Winner and up to three (3) Guests (ARV of roundtrip airport transfers: $200); two (2) standard, double occupancy hotel room accommodations in the Los Angeles area for the duration of the Trip (ARV of hotel room accommodations for two (2) nights: $1200) and four (4) tickets to attend the premiere of “The House With A Clock In Its Walls” presently scheduled to take place on Sunday, September 16, 2018 (the “Premiere”) (ARV of Premiere tickets: $80). The total ARV of the Prize is Three Thousand Four Hundred Eighty United States dollars and Zero Cents (USD $3,480.00). The actual value of the Prize may vary depending on the number of travelers, point of departure and fluctuations in the cost of air transportation. All details of Prize will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or portion thereof) with a similar prize (or prize element) of comparable or greater value.
Prize Winner must be able to travel from September 15, 2018 through September 17, 2018 (or on such other dates designated by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). The Trip awarded to the Prize Winner must be taken within dates provided by the Sponsor or the Prize will be forfeited. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to substitute ground transportation for air transportation depending on Prize Winner’s place of residence. Other travel and accommodation restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Prize Winner will not receive further financial or other assistance in planning or executing travel and lodging. All expenses related to the Prize and associated travel and lodging that are not included as part of the Prize package, are solely Prize Winner’s responsibility, including, but not limited to: taxes, gratuities, meals, domestic transfer, extension of stay, personal expenses & insurance are excluded in the Prize.
The Premiere has not been confirmed, but is tentatively scheduled to take place on September 16, 2018 in Los Angeles, CA (the time and place are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion) and at a venue to be determined by Sponsor (in its sole and absolute discretion). The Premiere is subject to cancellation and nothing herein shall be construed to require the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and/or affiliated entities to hold the Premiere. In the event that the Premiere does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons including but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, an event of force majeure or for any other reason, Prize Winner shall be given the remaining items/elements of the Prize, and Sponsor’s obligation as to the Premiere shall be nullified and no other or additional compensation shall be awarded. Premiere theatre and seating assignments will be determined at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor does not guarantee the attendance of any celebrities, talent, or filmmakers at the Premiere, which shall be at such celebrities’, talents’, or filmmakers’ sole discretion(s). Furthermore, Sponsor does not guarantee that the Prize Winner or Guests will interact or take photos with or of any celebrity, talent, or filmmakers during the Premiere. In the event that the Prize Winner or his/her Guests engage in behavior at the Premiere that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to remove the Prize Winner and his/her Guests from the Premiere with no further compensation. The Prize Winner and Guests are advised to arrive at least one (1) hour prior to the Premiere screening start time. No one will be admitted without a ticket or after the Premiere screening begins. Premiere screening tickets do not gain entrance to the Premiere after party (if any).
Guests must be eighteen years of age (18) and the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, unless such minor travel companion is the child or legal ward of the Prize Winner. If Prize Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of the Prize without three (3) Guests, the Prize will be awarded in increments suitable for the actual number of travelers with no substitute prize or compensation being provided to the Prize Winner. The Prize Winner and his/her Guests must possess all required travel documents as required by airport, airline and TSA authorities. Restrictions and blackout dates will apply. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations necessitated by same. Prize Winner and Guests must travel on the same itinerary.
No cash equivalent or substitution of prizes is offered, except in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferrable, non-refundable and have no cash value. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prize elements may not be separated. All federal, state and local taxes on the Prize, and other expenses related to accepting and/or using the Prize not listed in these Official Rules are the responsibility of the Prize Winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 in his/her name for the fair market value of the Prize he/she has won for the calendar year in which the Prize was won, if applicable. The Prize Winner bears all risk of loss or damage to the Prize after it is placed by Sponsor with a third party common carrier for shipment to Prize Winner. The Prize will be shipped only to an address in the United States. No portion of the Prize will be replaced if lost or stolen. Any difference between actual value and stated ARV will not be awarded.
PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS-IS’’ AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE SPONSOR (INCLUDING ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AFFILIATES) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY ARISING FROM USE OR REDEMPTION OF THE PRIZE, AS FURTHER SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURIES SUSTAINED BY A PRIZE WINNER, PRIZE WINNER’S GUESTS, OR OTHER USERS OF THE PRIZE FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING FROM ANY PART OF ANY APPLICABLE TRAVEL AND/OR ANY PART OF THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE(S) BEYOND SPONSOR’S REASONABLE CONTROL.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: The potential Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries on or around August 15, 2018 (“Drawing Time and Date”). Sponsor will notify the potential winner via Direct Message on Instagram or Twitter. Entrants are encouraged to regularly check their Direct Messages during and immediately following the Drawing Time and Date. A potential Prize Winner must respond to the initial notification by contacting Sponsor at the email address provided within the initial notification, and will be sent additional verification paperwork via email, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
If a potential Prize Winner does not respond within three (3) business days of the first notification attempt or if a potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules, if the Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if a potential Prize Winner does not execute and return the “Prize Claim Documents” within the allotted time as set forth below, or if a potential Prize Winner cannot or does not accept the Prize for any reason, the potential Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Prize Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries for the applicable drawing. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to two (2) potential Prize Winners for each Prize in accordance with the above procedure (time permitting), after which the Prize may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed.
6. CONDITIONS: Entrants agree that: (a) Sponsor, Twitter, Instagram and their respective parents, subsidiaries, and owners of the participating web sites, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for and shall be held harmless by Entrants for any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of or inability to use the Prize or from participation or inability to participate in this Sweepstakes, including any travel or Sweepstakes related activity, (b) Released Parties will have no liability whatsoever for failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any severe weather, hurricane, flood, fire, war, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause beyond their control, (c) except where legally prohibited, Prize Winner grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) permission for the Released Parties and those acting under their authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice, statements and/or likeness, for advertising, trade and/or publicity purposes without additional compensation in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including, without limitation, on the World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval, (d) if any Prize notification or Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if Prize Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, such Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Prize Winner may be determined at Sponsor’s discretion, (e) noncompliance with any of the foregoing may result in disqualification and awarding of the Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Federal, state and local taxes and all other expenses not specified herein are Prize Winner’s sole responsibility. Each Entrant expressly acknowledges that Sponsor does not owe Entrant a duty of confidence (or fiduciary duty or the like) with regard to Entrant’s Submission and that Sponsor has wide access to ideas, stories, photos, videos, designs and other literary/artistic materials submitted to it from outside sources or being developed by its own employees and that such ideas/stories/photos/videos/ designs/literary/artistic materials may be competitive with, similar to (or even identical to) Entrant’s Submission and that Sponsor shall have no liability to Entrant or any third party in conjunction therewith.
7. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or any website, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified, and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant's eligibility. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, technical failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use of any technology used in connection with this Sweepstakes. Any use of micro, automatic, programmed, robotic, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and entrants using such methods will be disqualified.
8. DISPUTES: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN CALIFORNIA. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
9. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER LIST: For an additional copy of these Official Rules or the name of the Prize Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Universal Pictures Marketing, a division of Universal Film Exchanges LLC, 100 Universal City Plaza, #8G, Universal City, CA 91608, Attention: Nicole Schlegel, “House With A Clock In Its Walls National Friendship Day”. Vermont residents may omit return postage. Requests received after October 15, 2018 will not be honored. Void where prohibited by law. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram.
10. SPONSOR: Universal Pictures Marketing, a division of Universal Film Exchanges LLC, 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608